I am a human factors engineer, my focus is on Human-System-Integration (HSI), how to facilitate the interaction of humans with technology, and with other humans in various environments and in a verity of domains.
My current research can be divided grossly into five-cross related topics:
- Human Robot Interaction (HRI) for service and home robots (Ageing, robots at home)
- Human Factors in Transportation and Traffic Safety Drivers’ skill and style, professional drivers, novice drivers, fatigue and passive fatigue, autonomous vehicles), distraction of pedestrians, Pedestrian behavior and movement, child pedestrians’ crossing behavior, older pedestrians.
- Affective design, Hedonomics and Well being
- Human factors in the Military/Homeland Security
- Tactile, Attention and Multimodal Displays
I combine theoretical and applied research including field studies.
We constantly develop and improve our state-of-the-art Ergonomics laboratory complex at BGU in which we experiment and run studies on these topics.
We also conduct field studies.