Our Dome projection facility is a multi-functional environment that can be used for a verity of studies and simulations. One of the main uses is the study pedestrians.
- We have developed a dedicated simulation environment to look for pedestrian crossing and road scanning behavior.
- The road environment is projected on the dome screen (7 m in diameter) and the participant is located at its center
- We are mostly interested in how child pedestrians behave, interact and scan the environment and make their decision to cross the road.
- We have developed our own Generic prototypical Israeli city, its features have then been generalized by B-Design and a EU style generic city is now part of the MAK 3-D worlds.
- The scenarios are programmed in MAK tools and utilizing a self-developed program they are embedded in an experimental setup (see Tapiro et al. 2014 for example).
- We can integrate our behavioral measures with eye tracking.
- We can integrate with motion and movement detection via Kinect or other means
- We can integrate with various physiological measurement tools such as EEG, ECG, GSR